Monday, February 21, 2011

does anyone have a recommendation for a good biography of Queen Elizabeth the First?



Your Ad Here





Question by Mh: does anyone have a recommendation for a good biography of Queen Elizabeth the First?

I've gotten curious about Queen Elizabeth and want to read a bio but there are hundreds! I've enjoyed David McCullough's bio on John Adams and Blanche Wiesen Cooke's bio on Eleanor Roosevelt. I started one but it was a naval history, not a biography. (Bummer) Any suggestions?




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by tantiemeg
Try Alison Weir's The Life of Elizabeth I (1998) .

I don't always agree with the author, but she is always an interesting read and a great springboard.
She's also covered the history of how Elizabeth "came to be".





Add your own answer in the comments!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment